This is my last blog of the year and I thought I’d share some random thoughts.
First of all, I am blessed beyond all measure. Things happened this year. They seemed like they could be bad. My mom got cancer. My little grandson came into the world with the cord wrapped around his neck. My youngest daughter continues to make her home far, far away from me. My boss died. I hurt my knee in a bad fall. I could continue but…
These are the results:
- My mom had cancer surgery. They removed the cancer and found no cancer in the lymph nodes or anywhere else in her body despite their belief in the beginning that this couldn’t be.
- My grandson was born with a few, tiny complications, otherwise happy, healthy and wonderful. A day doesn’t go by that I don’t thank God for the blessing he is in my life, and for the way he has brought my daughter and I closer together.
- Yes, Autumn lives far, far away. Yes, it still hurts. Yes, I still miss her. However, I’ve found that life goes on. I can be happy knowing that she’s happy. And I can continue to hope that someday we will be together again. The Lord holds her in his hand and I trust Him.
- When my boss died, my life was thrown into a topsy turvy whirlwind. I had to embrace a new job, even start thinking about permanently taking over this new job. I was looking toward full time work and I wasn’t very excited about it. I’d miss my husband and not have time for my family, especially my new grandson, but God had it all under control. Someone from the high school moved into the position and I moved back to my old position where I belonged. That someone turned out to be one of the few supports I have in the work place. Again, God greatly blessed me.
- For months after my fall, I wondered if I’d ever heal. I hobbled around in my jobs, many times in intense pain, but gradually God let me heal. I never thought I’d be able to have full movement of my knee again, but I do. No, I am not completely pain free because I’m old but I am better. So, this Christmas, I am extremely thankful. Yes, I went through the wringer, but I came out of it pressed and clean and maybe not completely wrinkle free but no worse for the wear.